- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 10 ounces jar of Maschino cherries diced (reserve juice)
- 3/4-1 cup of juice from the Maschino cherries (if not enough reserve substitute orange juice)
- 3 tablespoons almond extract
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 10 inch round pan or a 9x13 inch pan.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and pour in the sweetened condensed milk, orange juice, almond extract, vinegar, cherry juice, cherries and melted butter. Beat well with a electric hand mixer. While blending gradually add mini-chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in the center of a preheated oven for 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
Note: I go the full 60 minutes, but it really depends on where you live and your oven. The top might crack a little, before the center of the cake is fully baked. The cracks don't matter if you plan to turn the cake upside down before frosting.