Thursday, June 12, 2008
I am almost finished with my woodworking project. My last class was back in March. All that is left to do is sand and paint.
Bean thought her stuffed dog added a nice touch to the office organizer.
Lessons I learned from this project:
1. Choose your wood carefully. I had help, but the guy was good about getting rid of unsellable wood to this novice woodworker. Instead of staining I am painting to keep the wood together.
2. Don't hammer or force in other wood while other pieces are drying. I actually lied to the teacher and said, "I don't know how that gap got there...hmm". If you look up close you can see some of my gaps, but luckily the biggest one is in back covered by the back piece.
3. Don't put the drawers in without attaching the knobs first. What is funny, I didn't do that, the teacher did! After quite a bit of struggle, a pocket knife did the trick of removing the drawers unharmed.
4. Be well rested before working with those big machines. I actually, took a night off, because I was so tired and afraid I might loose a finger.
5. Make sure you understand the dimensions. This office organizer takes up 1/3 of our desk. I guess I'll have to build a shelf or a side table for it next time.
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Meme #1 -- Tagged by MommaVal
1. Post the rules before you give your answers.
2. List one fact about yourself beginning with each letter of your middle name. If you don't have a middle name, use your maiden name or your mother's maiden name.
3. At the end of your blog post, tag one person (or blogger of another species) for each letter of your middle name. Be sure to leave them a comment telling them they've been tagged.
My middle name: Zinnia (not my real middle name, just wanted something shorter and more interesting).
Z - zzz lacking sleep right now, but when I was a kid, I could sleep anywhere at any time for up to 13 hours.
I - I love homemade ice cream. I often hint to my family that an ice cream freezer would be a great gift, but to this day I don't have one.
N - Nasty Boys - love that song by Janet Jackson.
N - Normal - doesn't describe me one bit, even though I have a semi-normal life (at the moment).
I - I have lived or visited all of the "I"states with the exception of one (my college internship fell through so I never went).
A - Aquatics - love water sports, with the exception of water skiing.
Meme #2 - tagged by Ainse
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.
1. I sky dived as a self challenge after saying, "I will never do that". Thats when I knew that had to be my challenge.
2. I do a pretty good pigeon call.
3. I will choose sweet tarts over chocolate any day.
4. I have been crocheting since I was 6 and I only have 2 projects to finish (I am pretty good at follow through, no matter how long it takes).
5. I had to wear braces on my teeth twice.
6. I drove through my neighbor's fence (age 12 - I shouldn't of listened to my older brother's driving instructions). My dad came out of the house fast and angry. Looked at me, looked at the car, then he looked at the fence and try his best not to laugh when he sent me in to talk to my mom. Mom listened to the story, punished me and sent me over to apologize to the neighbor to offer to fix the fence. The neighbor answered the door with tears in her eyes as I proceeded to apologize, boy did I feel bad... until, she looked at my dad and started laughing really hard. Boy did I luck out!
Ok, I tag laughingmama, San Diego Momma, A boy from India and John at EzGreatlife
I know I am not following the rules, but who cares!?
Tagged-Folks, take it or leave it, choose one, do both or don't do it at all. But you have been tagged. I won't be offended if you ignore this.