Tuesday, November 27, 2007

It might be too early to say....

I think Little Bean gets it. In the afternoon, yesterday, she was dry until bed time and made 2 deposits into her potty before and after dinner. What worked? I am not sure. I keep playing back the day.

The morning started off at play group. She did her usual, yelled, "diaper!" and continued to go before I can get her to a bathroom. Since, we were not home I didn't force the issue. After her nap, that was different. I put her in her cloth training pants and took her into the bathroom with me and asked her to listen while I used the bathroom (yeah,admit I did this). Later that afternoon, she would yell "Diaper change" (which is the same as diaper) and we would put her on the potty. After a couple of minutes, she got up and ran back to her toys, as she usually does. This time we let her play and run around without her diaper. Within 10 minutes she decided to sit down and go. Same thing happened after dinner. I think either: a) she wants the control; b) we are not giving her the attention while she is sitting on the potty; c) she can go with no one watching her; Or d) all the above.

24 hours later:
Today, was interesting. Nothing happened until dinner time (how does she hold it that long?) She decided to lay down (on her back) on the floor in front of her potty chair and pee. She looked like a cherub water fountain that was knocked down in the middle of our kitchen floor. She seemed more amused by the fact that she could make her pee go up into the air. I think she would of continued, but I quickly picked her up and put her on the potty where she finished. Later, while running around with her training pants off, she realized she better sit down a little too late. However, she did get most of her poo-poo into the potty. I am just thankful both accidents were easy clean-ups. Little Bean still scored 2 stickers as well. I decided to reward her for trying.

Just before bedtime she wet her training pants, trying to get Papa to help her. None of us understood what she was saying. It was almost like she was talking in code, hoping that only her Papa understood, to avoid having me rush her to the potty.
So, at this point, I think it is too early to say, "The secret of our success was..."

No comments: