Tuesday, November 13, 2007

To Pee or Not to Pee

Yesterday ended better than the previous 2 days. Little Bean pooped in the potty after standing and demanding her diaper be put back at least a dozen times. Eventually, she settled down with a book and after 2 minutes (30 minutes total), she stood-up and said "All done". Leaving a nice package in the potty. This morning, she told me she had to go and pooped in the potty within seconds, it was small, but it was quick with no drama. I like that.

I think she is getting the hang of it, with one exception, peeing into the potty. Yesterday, she held her pee until nap time, when I put on a diaper. Than she peed again in her diaper when we went out for an errand and again in her training pants after dinner when we forgot to take her to the potty. This morning still struggling with the peeing. She announced "diaper!" we ran up the stairs, I pulled off a wet training pant and she finished peeing a few drops into the toilet.

Why we don't keep the potty chair in the living room you ask? I don't know. I think there is just too much for her to get into while trying to get her to focus on going to the potty. We have a bathroom on the main floor, but it is too small. Kitchen might be a good option, but I rather buy a 2ND potty chair so we are not transferring it back and forth. Oh.... I just visualized my head strong, determined, Little Bean carrying her potty bowl from the kitchen to the bathroom. Not a pretty sight. I think we will stick with running upstairs for now.

Reward has been 1 Elmo sticker and it is working. She is understanding that 1 sticker is enough, along with a lot of hugs, kisses and Yippee(s). The chocolate, I will eat for my reward.

BTW - I think Little Bean inherited the drama from her Grandmother (my mother).

1 comment:

Sara said...

Go little Bean! It must be so rewarding to see progress so quickly. Keep up the good work, both of you.