Monday, February 18, 2008

Bonus Days!



Daughter #1 has spring vacation this week... no school.... no getting up early to drop her off! What does that mean besides having more time with her? More things can get done around the house! Plus, Little Bean has 2 people to keep her busy or should I say out of trouble.

Today, we went to the craft store, taking the craft idea from Work at Home Mom Revolution who got it from Not Martha, (who in turn posted all her resources) with a beautiful step-by-step on how to make marble magnets. It was quite fun. I made a little charm bracelet for Little Bean using a similar technique. Bean choose all the designs (sorry about the lighting in the photo).


Also, today I hemmed daughter #1's jeans and started crocheting a hat for the fifth time. This one seems like a keeper. The other hats looked good, but didn't fit anyones head, including Little Bean's dolls. So, I pulled the yarn out and started over. Again and again.

...the jeans. Daughter #1 is good at finding bargains with her gift cards. She takes her time and usually comes home with really good deals. Sometimes the deals are pants made for tall people. Not a problem with me ... only takes about 15-30 minutes to hem. I know some family members and friends are moaning right now, remembering their painful shopping experiences with Daughter #1, but I have to say, she is improving. Shopping with her...thats another blog. Even more painful, shopping with her, her grandma and her papa while the innocent bystanders, Little Bean and I soak in the dynamics.

Alright, back to Bonus Days! Tomorrow, I am hoping to get some much needed cleaning done.

No comments: