Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Good Resourse for Getting your Baby/Toddler to Sleep

I am still struggling with getting Little Bean to sleep through the night in her own bed. I don't mind co-sleeping... but lack of sleep is starting to take its toll on Bean, my husband and me. I read this in the Parenting magazine last year and tried it out. It was working for Bean, but unfortunately, traveling put us back at square one x2 (nice math equation). Recently, I decided I will try again... 3rd times a charm right? I couldn't find my magazine but was able to find the "Sleep Quiz" on their website. Take the quiz and it will describe the method that is best for you and your child.

I'll keep you posted on the method and how it works for Little Bean... that is, if it still works on a toddler.

If you have tried and/or trying any method, please comment and let me know how it is going and what you did.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Hmmm. That link totally ignored all of my answers and just gave me a random choice which fit with none of them. Maybe it's malfunctioning.

Momma Val said...

Mine is pretty good right now but many moms I know swear by the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. I felt guilty at times because he never slept with us but now I feel kinda glad he didn't. He is a high needs child and always has been. He was always wanting me and wanting to be held and just wanting mommy, mommy, mommy that I felt he could sleep alone at night to give us both a rest? Does that make any sense?

Jennifer said...

I think we will be co-sleeping until Sam is 12! I have no advice, just empathy :)