Sunday, November 11, 2007

She Likes to Potty All the Time


Yesterday afternoon was a challenge. Now that we have training pants and a new potty chair, Little Bean, asked to go to the potty every 5 minutes. and I took her. I would climb the stairs, enter the bathroom, help her take off her training pants and she would sit on the potty. 2 seconds later she would say, "All done" and stand up and run out of the bathroom naked. My husband was no help, he didn't understand the madness and if it was up to him, he would put back on her diapers.

After climbing the stairs while holding Little Bean the 20th time, I decided, maybe she should climb the stairs herself. How smart am I? I know, a little slow. So, after climbing the stairs twice to just sit on the potty for a few minutes, the novelty of "going to the potty" was gone.

At this point I decided to just set a timer every 90 minutes and take her after dinner. Well, it almost worked. The first time she jump off the potty chair and ran into our bedroom and peed by the bed while yelling "DIAPER!". The second time she peed in front of the potty chair, and again yelling "Diaper!".

I think we are making progress.

Well, at least I know when she has go to the bathroom.
So, yesterday, she peed through 3 pairs of training pants within 5 minutes of her bathroom visit.

So far today she has only peed through 1 training pant and pooped in the toilet. The pooping was after she was demanding her pants or a diaper be put back on, while her face was turning red and her eyes were bugging out during our latest bathroom session. Once she quieted down and relaxed, I sat her on the potty again and she pooped. YEAH! She called her Papa into the bathroom to show her lovely deposit into the potty. After he left, she demanded her diaper be put back on again.

What I learned yesterday and so far today:
1. Make sure the bathroom door is closed
2. Have her stay in the bathroom and encourage her to stay on the potty.
3. I need some better awards or a lot of stickers for her successes. I have stickers and she loves stickers, but she expects a whole sticker page (her father's fault). I bet I could get away with giving her just 1 m&m.
4. Somehow, I am going to have to train my husband to potty train our Little Bean.

1 comment:

Becky said...

With Sam I keep his potty chair in the living room. In the bathroom all he does is sit there and sit there and sit some more while he attempts to unravel the toilet paper or play with cupboard door. This is why we went out and got the potty chair...to get him to use the potty then move him into the bathroom after he is done training.
And since you asked how we are doing with it on my blog here is what I wrote in my comments:
Oh Man! The first few days were easy then he got sick and i can't get him back on the potty right now if my life depended on it! ugg! I was going to do an update tomorrow on the potty training thing. Right now its a no go!
I am just grateful for the chocolate and the blogging I just need to get around to updating everyone!