Saturday, December 15, 2007

My favorite Sandwich Recipe

I love this sandwich! Many years ago, my Mother ate a similar sandwich out on the East coast; she made a sandwich suggestion at a local health food store in the Midwest. So, on my lunch breaks in high school I would go to the health food store and eat this sandwich. Now I just make it at home.

Let me know what you think. If you have had this sandwich before, I would like to know where?

Recipe:

1/2 peeled and thinly slice apple
2 slices of bread
Mayo

sprouts - clover or any kind you prefer (also taste good with lettuce)
2 slices of Cheese - Swiss and Cheddar are good options
1tsp-tbs Sesame seeds (optional)
1tsp-tbs raisins (optional)

Spread the mayo on the 2 slices of bread. On top of one slice, add a layer of each cheese, apple, and sprouts. Add nuts and raisins before putting the 2nd slice on top. Enjoy!

p.s. I usually eat it without the nuts and raisins.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it.

damian said...

parece sera bueno...un saludo

JENN said...

Damian - Gracias. Usted... que es la palabra?...(I will just look it up in the dictionary)...
Usted debe intentar la receta alguna vez.

Anonymous said...

i also like this apple sandwich recipe
http://fast-food.co.in/2007/11/30/indian-recipes-apple-sandwich-recipe/

Sara said...

I've had that sandwich, but I can't remember where. Yum.