Wednesday, December 19, 2007

My Micro-Managing Supervisor



Pre-Blog Definitions: Fridge DJ - -radio that magnetically sticks to your refrigerator and features lively learning songs, such as, the ABC and Old McDonald


My supervisor, wears a lopsided pony tail, has rolled up jeans and carries a Fridge DJ around with her. Why she doesn't leave it on the fridge I don't know. As the singer croons out "ABC" for the 5th time, I try to vacuum the room.

I kind of miss the days when my Supervisor, Little Bean, was afraid of the Vacuum. (Oh did I say that out loud? ....I guess not, so that doesn't make me a bad employee).

My Supervisor has to stand right in front of me when I vacuum. Which kind of makes it hard. She searches the floor with her eyes and points to small objects to assure I see them too and vacuum them up. I kindly ask her to move and she does, to stand right next to me, on my left side. Then proceeds to hug my legs. Now, how am I going to finish this task?

Now I Ponder - Why isn't there a vacuum out there, that is also a toy? A vacuum that looks like a car or horse with a seatbelt and/or handles, would work great in this situation. ....please don't answer that. I know it would be recalled as soon as it hit the market... I am just wishing.

Now my Supervisor looks up at me with her big, brown eyes and says "Hold you Mama". So I pick her up. Kind of hard to vacuum with a child on your hip, but I do and for my hard work my supervisor gives me a big sticky kiss.

Thinking back to all my work supervisors, I think Little Bean is the best one.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Awwww. Your supervisor sounds fantastic (if occasionally unreasonable about household appliances). Cute post!