Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Apples

Found this while stumbling:

Girls are like
apples on trees. The best
ones are at the top of the tree.
The boys don't want to reach for
the good ones because they are afraid
of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they
just get the rotten apples from the ground
that aren't as good, but easy. So the apples
at the top think something is wrong with
them, when in reality, they're amazing.
They just have to wait for the right
boy to come along, the one
who's brave enough
to climb
all the way
to the top
of the tree.


borrowed from megan


I like this, I think its nice, however....

I am not an apple to be "picked". I may have been like the apple at the top of the tree, but this apple makes her own decisions and choices as well. Plus, why wait to be picked? Whats up with that? Life is too short.

#1 Daughter (if you are reading this) have fun with life! Not like those loose apples, but have fun traveling, singing, dancing, and making friends. Don't wait around for some boy to pick you! The right "one" will come along some day... if thats what you want. No need to rush. Always know, there are 2 in a relationship and relationships needs 2 people to make it grow as one.

4 comments:

Momma Val said...

Awww! That made me want to cry. I was a good apple (still am, but somebody picked me), my niece who is 17 is a really good apple and is dying for a boyfriend. All the boys end up picking the bitchy, backstabby girls or the sluts. I am going to e-mail this post to her. Think she is starting to wonder what's wrong with her. Thanks!

Toby Fuqua said...

Myself i climed to the top of the tree to get my apple if you want something worthwhile you will work to get it nothing good ever comes easy

San Diego Momma/Two Funny Brains said...

I like what you said, Jenn, about not waiting to be picked, but actually having a mind of our own. We've got too much to do and see to be waiting at the top of a tree!

Deb
sandiegomomma.com

Sara said...

You're so right. The shape poem is great, and includes some important wisdom, but your point is so true as well. Life isn't about waiting around for good things to happen to you.