Monday, March 17, 2008

Drastic Purging of Stuff -- Spring Cleaning

So, I got rid of stuff. I can't bring myself to call it junk. However, my husband, thinks most of the stuff in the house is junk. He doesn't know any better. (By the way, do I call his 1970's "Battle Ship" game junk? Noooooo and I didn't even throw it away).

I should say, half of the stuff I am donating and the other half I threw away. The donation is in boxes in the hallway, waiting for the "Mama Val" style drive-by-n-drop-off.
Well at least or so far, I haven't pulled anything out to reclaim it. Thats a good sign don't you thing? ....or maybe thats a good sign that it is probably
junk.

I still have a little itch to do something drastic..... so I ate some chocolate. That will hold me over for a day.

I did notice that around the world there are a lot of spring holidays including important birthdays/anniversaries, religious holidays and festivals coming up! I think I will try to participate in as many as I can. You think anyone will notice? It would be a good emotional cleansing as well as educational. Kind of like spiritual spring cleaning.


Doesn't throwing paint on other people sound like fun? Yeah!


Or chasing after Easter eggs?
I don't eat eggs unless they are chocolate. I do like the part of running around with a bunch of (big)kids and elbowing them out of the way before they pick up the eggs. Sounds like a good way to get rid of some extra energy.


Oh and don't forget the food (I'm sure you won't if you were fasting)!




With the massive clutter cleaning, I forgot to mention the discovery of a stack of addressed Christmas cards that never made it into the mail. So, if you didn't get your Christmas card from our family....Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Momma Val said...

Oooh, that food looks really good. What is it? Is it med or mid or ind? I just made falafel for dinner and my husband actually gave it a thumbs up? Tomatoes and all!? Good for you with the chocolate. I did that one day when I went to Walgreens I saw a few little individual chocolate easter goodies so I filled my craving without an excess of calories. Hope you get to drop of stuff before something makes its way back out and into your house :)

jennwa said...

Throwing paint on people, Very intersting. Hunting eggs sounds a lot better.

JENN said...

Val,

One dish is Mediterranean, one is Indian and one is Chinese. I think all are vegetarian.

I love falafel. I'll have to make it soon.

I was able to drop of the stuff without pulling anything out. I'm 98% sure Little Bean didn't claimed anything.