Monday, April 28, 2008

and I thought buying a bra with my mother in my teens was bad


Ok, is it just me or am I the only one that doesn't like having their Mother in the dressing room with them?

Personally, I really, really do not want my mother in there. She make comments on my butt, my stomach and even my chest.

Today, she topped herself while bra shopping.

AHHHHHH!

While I was trying on bras, my mother waited outside the dressing room (where she should be!). This was the one time, I should of insisted she come into the dressing room with me .
I heard her say to one of the sales ladies
"My daughter needs help, can you go in her dressing room and help her out please?" .
What! did I ever say I needed help! I already carefully sized myself at home and used
this program to make sure I was accurate... and I was!

So the sales lady knocked on the door.
"Your mother says you need help."
"No, I don't"
"I can make sure you are finding the right size bra"
"No, I am fine"
Just as I finished my last statement, Little Bean opens the door and said,
"Come on in"
Oh no she didn't!

At this point, I was furious with my mother and I tried hard not to take it out on the sales lady who was standing in front of me with a measuring tape.

I just stood there while my head spun inside... trying to find a coping mechanism, like screaming, or fainting or better yet going to a tropical island to make this whole scene disappear.
...please, please be a dream.

Nothing worked, so, I let her measure me and confirm I was in the right size, but maybe not quite the right style. So, she picked up a few different bras for me and I tried them on.

In the end, she did an awesome job of finding me great fitting bras, but that doesn't excuse my mother nor Little Bean's hospitality.

As I thanked the sales lady, I let her know,
"Ten years ago, you wouldn't of gotten through that door" (who am I kidding... 2 yrs ago, there would of been no little hands opening that door.... 10 yrs ago, #1 daughter probably would of shown the same hospitality as Little Bean did today). Thats with the assumption that my mother wasn't in the dressing room with me, pushing the button for help.



Side note: ladies try out the bra sizer
it worked out well for me :).

4 comments:

Momma Val said...

Ug! I feel your pain. I have the opposite issue with my mom. If I begged her to help me with a bra, she'd probably say I can do it myself. I got fitted for a nursing bra after "Little Buddy" was born. That was weird but I had a feeling that finding the right nursing bra with a baby in a fitting room would be kinda hard. Those bra fitting women are good, even if it is a little weird to experience.

Sara said...

Unbelievable. I'm glad that the bra lady was good at her job, anyway, but little bean and you mom were both out of line.

Electronic Goose said...

My mom ALWAYS wants to come into the dressing room, too! What is with that? I think she's fascinated by my adult body, or maybe wants to compare it to her own (she has an unhealthy body image). I can't stand it either.

Jennifer said...

Ugh, the only thing I can think of worse than bra shopping is bra shopping with my mother...