Thursday, November 22, 2007

Annoying Mother keeps talking about Potty Training

I promise to move on from the subject, since I have been doing other things in my life besides potty training. Like baking up a storm for Thanksgiving, making holiday gifts and sewing curtains and winter pajamas. However, I just have to give an update on Little Bean's progress.


Not going so well. I think we are back to square 1. Whenever she yells "Diaper!" (her indication that she has to go to the potty), she either runs away or refuses to let us put her on the potty. By the time we get her there she has already has gone. OR, she stands by her potty and says nothing for a few minutes and then blurts out "all done", and that is when I realize what just happened. It has been pretty hit or miss. It might be my fault for not being consistent with her or staying on top of her cues.

Yesterday, she dragged her Musical Potty chair out to the living room, turned it upside down and pressed the music button on the bottom. She has discovered how to make the reward music play, without even doing her part to get the reward. Sometimes, she sticks her foot in the bowl of the potty, to get the music to go. We are working hard to put a stop to that.

My next plan is to wait until Monday, when my husband and daughter are out of the house to focus on potty training. It is a lot easier when it is just me and her tackling this sport. Well we will see.

1 comment:

Sara said...

That sounds so frustrating, but hang in there. She obviously does understand the concept, but just not the importance of the concept. Hang in there!